Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Shopping Shopping Shopping!!!

The plan for today was to get the girls to school and get over to Road Runner to finish up my shopping for my training, then get in my 60 minute walk. However in reality I spent way more time at RR than I had planned so I took today as a rest day and will get my hour walk in tomorrow.

My time at Road Runner was mostly consumed by trying on about 6 different bras trying to find one that I like , as well as some clothes that were on clearance. It was all a little over whelming but in the end I did find one that I really like, of course it was the most expensive one but it rocks for support! I also was able to find a pair of pants and a pair of shorts that were on clearance, so that will help with the fact I only had 1 pair of capris and 6 days of training a week. It will also help with the cold mornings since I just found out that starting next week we will be starting our Sat training at 6:30 AM!!!!

I was a little annoyed when I went to check out the hydrations packs and was unable to find the one I wanted and was told that they didn't have any in the back and the guy was unsure on when they would be in, the pack and the bra were the 2 things I really needed but I continued with my shopping. I got the socks my coach recommended for me as well as some glide that Gina recommended for my feet as well. I also picked out a Water bottle that my friend Amber has to help me stay hydrated throughout my day, which I used to day and I love it!!!! I also picked up some gel packs, shot blocks and a small power bar by Luna to try out.

In a last ditch effort to try and find out if there was anyway to figure out when more of the hydration packs would be in I asked the check out clerk and he asked it they carried the one I wanted online because they have a way to track those items, it is online so he sent me to another clerk who looked it up on the computer and low and behold they had 12 in the back, I was innoyed (I had already checked out) but happy that I would not have to return for it later in the week.

Since I wasn't going to have time to walk I made a quick stop at Good feet to return my insoles that never worked out for me. Then it was home for lunch and a quick shower before I was off to work.

I am looking forward to testing out my new supplies tomorrow, here is to comfy socks helping my toes and a hydration pack that is comfy as well.

Here is the Hydration Pack I purchased:
My new water bottle:
The gels:

and the shot blocks:

1 comment: