Monday, February 23, 2009

Family Day

Yesterday was family day we made a trip to Alpine to visit my mom. She is looking great and doing very well with her recovery. She is still on a walker but is getting around the house well and doing her physical therapy 2 times a day so she expect her to be on a cane in the next week or two. She has impressed the nurses and PT with her recovery rate. She goes in on Thus to get her staples out (she will be very happy to be able to take a shower).

As far as training yesterday was 30 minutes of easy walk or cross training and I didn't get a chance to walk so Doug and I popped in a beginners yoga DVD we have had forever and half way through we remembered why we don't do the DVD it is horrible, it moves way to fast for our liking. So if anyone has a recommendation for a Yoga video let me know. Anyways I mustered through it but was not really happy with the work out.I am pretty sure I am supposed to feel more centered and relaxed after yoga, however I was annoyed and disappointed in the end.

Today I did a 30 minute easy walk and found it to be harder than my 5 miles on Sat, I think this is due to walking alone and the constant playing of my to do list though my head as well as my feet bothering me from Sat walk that seemed to keep me from enjoying my walk today.

Tomorrow I am going to Road runner sports to finish up my shopping. On my list is, a Hydration pack, some gel packs, mole skin, new socks, a sports bra or 2 and possibly another pair of pants. Tomorrow is also a 60 minute easy walk for me as well (I have switched my T and W due to work) I am planning on walking after my shopping trip to prevent the list in my head once again.

I am always working on my fundraising so if you have not had a chance to donate please stop by my fundraising site: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sd/rnr09/dclark6poc Thanks in advance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment