Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Amsome new shoes + still numb toes= frustration

I was so excited to get my new shoes on Monday. I did test them on a level walk and had no more luck with the toe issues they are accually going numb sooner and I am now having pain at the nerve site as well. Major bummer and aggravating for me. So I called my Chiropractor (who also is really into sports med. and made an apt for this morning. We talked about what I have been doing to address my foot issues (took a look at my insoles from good feet) and he agreed with the dianosis from my Ped however disagreed with the need of $400 insoles he worked with me to correct my posture and address my nerve issues with semi-custom insoles that he is confidant will prevent my issue however it will not fix the irration that I have now and that the only thing I can do to fix the current pain and numbness is to take 1-2 weeks off, advil every 6 hours and ice it every oppurnity, not sure what to do about the training thing, I will have to consult my coaches on that one. He said that training will just continue to irrate the nerve and make matters worse. Which I do believe due to the fact that after 5 hours on my feet today at work with no training (it was a rest day) my foot hurts this evening :(

1 comment:

  1. Ah hon, I hope that everything works out and you will be able to figure everything out.

    ReplyDelete