Tuesday, February 17, 2009

End of an Era

I have recently been informed my a dear friend that he is shutting down our website he created 10 years ago for our group of friends to communicate while we were in college and after as most of us left Santa Cruz after graduation. While I have been expecting this to happen soon, we have been using it less and less do to the internet finally catching up with as and providing us with other sources to keep in touch (ie Facebook). It seems to have affected me more than I expected, while I completely understand the reasoning behind the shutdown it almost feels like that part of my life is closing with it. The site has so many great memories with it, college gatherings, everyones graduations, engagements, weddings, baby announcements and much much more!! I will be sad to see it go but it is time.

Our household is still recovering from the flu, it hi us very hard this year. Doug and I were down for days and are just getting back into the swing of life again over teh last couple of days. Now Kass has been fighting a fever for the last couple of days, not sure if she has the flu or just picked up a strong cold, she did receive a flu shot this year however from what I hear they did little good this flu season.

I am happy to report that mom's surgery went really well last thusday and she is home and is able to get around the house with her walker. Lance is assisting with her physical therapy twice a day and taking geat care of her and the house along with working as well.

I am looking forward to the restart of my training, I am planning on doing an easy 30 minutes tomorrow, with or without the girls, I am really hoping Kass is fever free tomorrow and can go back to school, we all need to get back into our routines. I am worried about my foot and hope this rest has done it some good and I won't have the numb toes on tomorrow walk, fingers crossed.

On the weight note I ahve lost 5 lbs this last week for not being interested in food or able to keep it down, not the way I had planned on loosing the first 5 lbs but I will take it non the less. I plan on keeping it off and loosing more by staying within my points and following my walking schedule.

My fundraising continues, to all of you who have donated a HUGE thanks and those who have not gotten a chance please stop by my site and check it out: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sd/rnr09/dclark6poc

Till tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment