Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Movin Shoes and 30 minute walk

Yesterday's activities consisted of a trip to Movin shoes and a 30 minute easy walk. With Kassidy's birthday party being on Saturday and TNT's training consisting of a 4 mile walk then a shoe clinic it is very unlikely that I will be able to stay for the shoe clinic so I approached the couches last Saturday and discussed my options and they encouraged me to head into Movin Shoes this week and they would could help me find my shoes so I wouldn't have to attend the shoe clinic on Saturday.

So I dropped the girls off at school in the morning for breakfast and headed to Movin Shoes. I was surprised to find it ina strip mall that I have been in over the years and never noticed it was there. It is a small store but had a large slection of shoes. I approached the man behind the counter and explained that I was fro TNT and couldn't stay on Saturday for the clinic. He asked me a few questions, what size my current shoes were, if I was running or walking and if I had any complication, we discussed my toes and he had me walk in my current shoes outside where he accually squatted down to watch me walk. He headed to the back and pulled out 2 shoes and I tried them on and walked in each we discussed how they felt ( I was impressed with the fist pair so we kept them out and he pulled a couple more. We continued this until I tried on 6 pairs until I found 2 that I liked and her had me try one of each of them on and I was blown away at the difference in them when I had them on at the same time. I fell in love with a pair of Brooks, they accually felt like the shoe was a part of my foot not that I was wearing a pir of shoes. He gave me my discount and I paid for them (101 and change) yeh that it on the pricy side however Movin shoes allows you to exchange them as many times as it takes to find the right shoe, this will be really important as I am still dealing with my toes issue.

I headed home for their test drive, I was getting ready for my walk and the dogs were looking at me with their sad eyes so i decided to take them along. I will so never do that again, my 30 minute walk turned into a 20 minute walk pulling on leashes every 2 seconds so they would move again. As we made it around the loop at my house, my toes did go numb and the dogs were panting so hard that we stopped after 18 minutes. I of course am innoyed again by my toes, they did not go numb on Sat in my good feet insolses on flat ground but did in my new shoes on hills yesterday so I am going to have to test them on flat ground which is my goal today. Due to my early start times on Wednesdays I am going to move my "rest day" to Wedsnesdays instead of today. So I am planning on testing my new shoes on flat graons today, I also have an apt with my old chiro (he does sports med) tonmorrow to see if he can help or refer me to someone who can.

I will try to post tonight with the reults of my flat walk test tonight

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Movin Shoes. I got my current pair of running shoes there and I still love them. They really work with you to make sure you have the right shoe for you. I know what you mean about the dogs. Humpy, Mad and I walk 2-3 miles everyday, and it's a challenge. The dogs will get better with practice, but it's still a major pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard SO MUCH great stuff about Movin Shoes! Tim had a friend that use to work there so I will definitely be going there to get my shoes. I hope you figure out the situation with your toes.

    ReplyDelete