Monday, March 2, 2009

Lessons Learned

I am going to steal my friend Apryl's goal writing:

Goal: 15 minute warm up, 10 minutes goal pace, 15 minute cool down.
Reality: 15 minute warm up and 15 minute easy walk (very easy).

After Saturday's walk with my really really hot feet, I purchased what I thought were really thin socks to test out. Well today started out busy but I was excited to test out my new socks and some padding for my toes. I first noticed that my feet started to become hot from friction right away and then my feet started to really hurt, both of them really really hurt, I mean the whole thing. I stopped and stretched retied my shoes and pressed on. However, every step was horrible, I ended up taking small steps walking as lightly as possible. I was very disappointed and in extreme pain once I hit my car. I sat down and pulled off my shoes and socks and drove home. At this point I have decided to take Patrick's (Doug's friend) advice and try sock liners. I made a mental note that I needed to pick those up tomorrow on my rest day, and I would yet again have 4 more pairs that didn't work.

When I got home I picked up the remaining socks still in their packaging and I am glancing at the words on the packaging and the word "liner" caught my eye. So it winds up that I did my walk in liners today not socks!!! So explains everything that happened today. So I am innoyed that I wasted a day's walk however I am excited that I have liners to try and not another 4 pairs of socks that I waisted money on.

Tomorrow is a rest day and after today my feet need it, So I will test out the liners with my favorite socks so far on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment