Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not in a Blogging Mood lately :(

I haven't been in a blogging mood over the last week. Probably due to me not training again, not a huge deal but I am a little off my game. Karen and I have been discussing my semi custom insoles from my chiro and how they are not really working out for me. So I talked to my chiro and decided to return them and I made an apt with Karen's mentor to have custom insoles done. however that was last weds and my apt is not until this Thursday, so Karen discouraged me from doing my walking until then, she is concerned that with out the support of a good insole that I could destroy all the work we have been doing. So instead of walking she increased and added more stretches to my strengthening regiment she has given me, to correct my foot issue.

However today things to have finally fallen in to place and are starting to look more in the positive direction. Some good news is that Road runner finally recieved the replacement for my brokn hydration pack in, so that has been replaced. They also allowed me to recieve store credit for my socks that I purchased from them that gave me blisters and they recommended some different socks that I did purchase along with a new pair of capris since it is getting hotter now especilly in east county, (they are the same as my running pants that I have completely fallen in love with). I also have taken my shoes back to road runner for a second time (that makes 3 different pairs of shoes) and the guy really really worked with me and we found a pair that I am really happy with, not just happy with lst the last pair that started bothering me after an hour in them. I am happy to report that I worked a 5 hour day in them today and they were grea the entire day. Now I am supper excited to go in on Thursday and start the insoles, she will also be altering my current stock insoles to serve as a temp insole so I can start training again and complete my 5 miles on Sat, I really did miss the walk last Sat.

I wwill try to be better about blogging, I think now that things are getting back on track it will be better.

1 comment:

  1. D - I hope you get some relief to all the foot issues you've been facing. Keep your goal in mind and I know you'll be able to see this thing through! I finally contributed to your fund... it was driving me batty to see an amount that wasn't an increment of $5, so now it should be a nice "round" number... :)

    ReplyDelete