Monday, March 9, 2009

Some much to report so little energy

So much has happen since we lst our modem and are not back on line and I CAN EVEN PRINT FROM MY LAPTOP!! Thanks to Stew YEAH STEW!!!

Saturday's 7 miles went good for the most part (I even noticed with the flat terrine at the beach by toes took much longer to go numb). The 7 miles went pretty fast with Jenn there for chatting. However I again had a huge blister by the end!! I was able to consult with Coach Susan (she is the blister queen) and she gave me a couple more ideas on dealing with the blisters. Sat night was a different story my lower right back was killing me!! I did the hot cold rotaion to relieve some of the discomfort.

Last I posted I has not to happy, and was getting little accomplished in the toes issues, however today I had a consult with Karen form Interactive Healing http://www.interactivehealing.org/html/therapists.html. She is amazing!!! She looked at my feet (which killed when she put pressure on my metatarsals), my insoles which are not right of course, did measurements and analyzed my posture, did a pressure pont analisis, worked on my entire body, explained why I was having all my issues and taught me 4 excerzises to do at home. When I left my meditarsals were not even tinder to the touch and my back pain (which by the way is due to me over using my left leg and foot during walking) was much better as well. I am sooo pleased with the results and plan on continuing to see her to contimue addressing my foot issues (b/c they can't be fixed in a day of course).

I am now optismitic on my ablity to finish this journey without perminity damaging my feet. Now if I could just get this cold to go away :(

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Glad that you were able to find someone that could help you out with your toes issues!! AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete