Saturday, March 28, 2009

Insoles and 5 miles without them

I am happy to report that I had a wonderful apointment on thursday with Steph. She watched my gait examined my feet and discussed what she was seeing and feeling as she was doing it. It turns out that the sprain I suffered in college did more damage to my right ancle than I was aware. In such a way that my right foot upon impact wobbles to find its center, this would explain why the inside of my righ ancle is always sore. We then discussed what I needed in an insole and she plastered my feet for a cast of them. I put a rush order on them so they should be in on tuesday. YEAH!!!!


Today we walked 5 miles at Miramar Lake, It was a beautiful walk. It was freezing at 6 am this morning and my legs took a while to warm up and work correctly to get my stride correct. Unfortunately without my new insoles my toes gave me issues right away and they continued to for the entire walk. Today's walk was hard for me, I missed my walking partner, I did walk with a fellow walker who was nice but Jenn and I seem to be able to talk about so much that the time passes very very quickly. Today however dragged on forever and it only took 1.5 hours. I also think that my feet bothering me made me just want the walk to be over today.

I am really looking forward to Tuesday and getting my insoles and hopefully being able to complete my walks with less pain and numb toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment