Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Not So Happy Day

Goal: Rest my blister foot
Reality: Rested my blister foot

I finally got my blister to drain last night and it is feeling better today. However I had high hopes for today, I had a chiro. apt where I was planning on readdressing my foot issues with Dr. Miles and a plan to stop my movin shoes to address my blister issues.

My apt. with Dr. Miles was less than thrilling, he asked about my feet, he looked at them and adjusted them. I told him about our clinic on Sat and what Dr. Rob had mentioned about pressure point therapy and stripping the tissue of scare tissue to get the blood flowing again and he just brushed it off and mentioned that maybe the 2 weeks were not enough and that I might need 6 weeks off. I explained to him that I don't think it is a muscle issue and I think that I damanaged the nerves during my wedding and that I this has been happening off and on since then and only whn I push my feet (in which I irrate that nerve). He pretty much just listened and than talked about this lazer he is getting in that might help but he was not relly sure when it would be in.

My dissapointing day continued when I reached movin shoes, I really enjoyed my visti to pick out my shoes and the conversation with the staff yesterday about my blister issue and was really looking forward to getting some assistance in addressing the blister issue. However when I arrived the guy working there didn't turn out to be very much help, between the what do you need additude to the there over there point in a general direction was not really what I was looking for. I did leave with a new pair of socks that are two layered, we will see what they do on friday.

Basically I am just so done being so excited to try a new tech. and being dissapointed every day when nothing I am trying is working, my toes are still numb and getting worse not better and now I have major blister issues :(

On the up side I did contact Karen Baskin, a woman who is part of a Neuromuscular Therapy Group who was reccomended to me by my mom's friend and she is going to be contacting me tonight to discuss my situation. I am hoping she has some answers for me.

I am looking forward to getting my mom out of the house for her haircut apt tomorrow, we have back to back apts. but our stylist is going to switch us back and forth to save time.

1 comment:

  1. Babe, I'm sorry that things aren't going your way. I'm hoping that you find an answer to your problems.

    ReplyDelete