Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today's the Day

Well today is the day! The Team in Training Sign up day! Jenn and I will be attending the informational meeting tonight and signing up to walk the half marathon on May 31st. While I am still having mixed feelings about training (due to my toe issues) I am sure by the end of tonight I will be completely excited and pumped to do this for myself and for all those people effected by cancer.

On another note due to my mom's surgery reschedule we have decided to take a trip up to the cabin, we all didn't have plans so it made it easy just to say lets go. Grandma and Grandpa are picking the girls up this morning and taking them up with them today, while Doug and I will head up tomorrow night after her gets off work. So that means a child free night tonight which of course I would have my meeting of all nights LOL.

I want to thank Jenn for the Recommendation of the Hungery Girl Cook book we have been trying out recipes for dinner the last 2 weeks and my favorite so fer it the chicken pot pie recipe LOVED IT!! I also liked the Sloppy Jane recipe as well (basically sloppy Joes but with a homemade sause, turkey instead of beef and some onions and red bell peppers for some flavoring kick).

2 comments:

  1. We swear by that Kickin' Chicken Pot Pie, we have it about once a week! See you tonight at the meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, a child free night! i hope that meeting ends early. ;)

    ReplyDelete