Monday, January 19, 2009

Settling in to the 30 somethings

Well it has now been 10 days since I joined the 30 something crowd, and I have to say I think I am enjoying them. Things this year seem to be going smoothly so far (yea I know it has only been 19 days) but I am looking forward to change, a new president who I know can bring new hope to our country, and a new me both physically and mentally.

Our offical Team in Training sign ups are Thursday, I am getting very excited and worried at the same time. I always seems to have great intentions to commite to do something for myself (going to the gym ect,) however life always seems to throw something in the mix to mess it all up. I was feeling more confidant in the life not getting in the way issue early when mom's hip replacement was scheduled for the same day the regestration was, that way I knew that everything went as planned and that there were no complacations. However her doctor's office called yesterday and rescheduled her surgery, the suregon slammed his hand in his car door and now can't do her surgery untill Feb 12th. I am still expecting everything to go wonderfully don't get me wrong, I just tend to worry about the unknown and having it done before commiting to Team it Training was going to tbe perfect. I am also still concerned about the toe issue, the dr has worned me that I can do futher damage to my foot if I can't solve my toe issue and they continue to go numb during my walks, he has told me that we can try custom insolses which my insurance will not cover and it might still not work, so I am still playing with my good feet insoles to try and correct the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment