Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Another Week Alone

*Note- venting included*

I'm playing single mom once again, Doug is gone again for the 6th week AND I HATE IT!!! If one more person tells me "at least he is working" I think I might scream! Yes I am happy he has a job and I know there are many people without jobs right now but I feel I have a right to be not thrilled about him being gone.

We all miss him, the girls ask for him every morning and evening. Their routine is changed with him being gone and they act out (like kids do). Our evening start late by the time I pick them up after work and take forever doing it by myself, we also add calling daddy on my computer which doesn't work half the time and the other half it take 3 tries to get it working, therefor they go down later and with more crying than usual.

I stay up later with no desire to go to bed and when I do I sleep horribly and wake tired to a crying toddler who wants her daddy.

I just got the news today that they have about 2 more weeks to go, not the news I wanted to hear today. I willl be happy when this is all done and we can function again as a family.

Part of my Mommy jobs tonight was to put together the wagon we bought earlier today. I am pretty proud of myself (even if I put the wrong washers on the wrong parts, not the big of deal), here are the results:

The girls and I are planning on testing it out tomorrow morning by going for a walk.

2 comments:

  1. All I have to say is that sucks and I can't wait till Doug gets home and you guys get back into your normal routine. You know sometimes you just need someone to acknowledge that it does suck playing single mom when your kids want daddy AND just because you vent it doesn't mean that you're not thankful for the fact he has a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I'm sorry that Doug still has to be away during the week. That sucks. The wagon looks good, we'll need to try it out at the zoo sometime!

    ReplyDelete