Thursday, April 9, 2009

Insoles!!!

The last week has been consumed with breaking in my insoles. Which has consisted of many ups and downs. They are a major correction to my posture and stride which my body is having to adjust to. Saturday's walk went pretty good, I walked 4 miles in the insoles ans switched them out for the standard insoles I have been using and walked 2 miles, in which my toes instandly went numb and I got hot spots as well. I stopped at a the bathrooms with my new walking buddy and I had to switch the insoles back out I couldn't stand the old ones anymore. The remainder of the walk went well. Angelica and I chatted away during our walk about our week, the chatting was much less of a struggle than the week before, I still miss my Jenn though :( !! I had asked Karen if I could/should have our Massage Therapy person work on me after our walk, (she said it would be good for me), so I had the MT work on my gluets and upper legs since they were not pleased with my walk. He made a huge improvement in the way I felt Sat afternoon and on Sunday!

My shorter walks over this week have proved to be the trouble ones, my hip is poping my kwee hurts and I have found that I have been wipping my right foot around to compinasite for my knee and my meditarsal issues as well. With Karen's and Stephanie's help we have set up a new PT regiment. I will also be taking this Saturday walk off (or at least a shorter walk) to give my body a little longer to adjust and figure out their new stride.

I can;t beileve that the big day is 7 weeks away. I am getting really really excited!! speaking of the big day I am only $200 away from my goal so if were planning on donating and just haven't had a chance it's not to late!! please stop by my site http://pages.teamintraining.org/sd/rnr09/dclark6poc.

I will be spending today packing for the cabin, we are leaving tonight and I have to make sure the Easter Bunny is ready to visit, which he might be doing in the SNOW!!!

I hope you all have a very HAPPY EASTER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment