Friday, October 24, 2008

Over the last few months I have discovered that I have lost the person I used to be. The confidant, opinionated, and self assured women I used to be. Don't get me wrong I love being a mother and a wife however I feel like that is all I am anymore and I have decided to start a journey to rediscover and re-event a new "D", a balance between, being a condfiant woman, a loving mom and wife. I have decided to join a dear friend, Jenn, in this journey. She has already started her journey and has been a great inspiration for me to start my our journey and blog about it as it has helped her. You can check out her blog at http://www.thewholejenny.com/.

A good friend of Jenn's just completed a Mathathon in SF, through Team In Training and she has inspired us to take thelife changing journey of training for the Rock and Roll half marathon here in San Diedo in May. I feel that this is jsut what I need to help me discover and redifine "The New D".

For those of you who don't know who Team in Training is they are a Non Profit group who trains everyday people to train for marathons, cycling events and triatholons in return for fundraising for Blood Cancer Research. This cause personally touches me for over that last 4 years I have been surrounded by people I know who have been effective by cancer, I can count 6 off the top of my head (2 of the 6 with a blood cancer). I feel that this journey is juat what I need right now.

While Team in Training does not start training and Fundraising until Jan. Jenn and I are starting our Journey and training now.

As part of my journey I am planning on blogging daily to help me sort out feelings and track my progress and I grow through my journey.

Thanks for visiting and Thanks in advance for any support you will be giving me in my journey.

Danelle

2 comments:

  1. yay for you, D! i hope it's just what you need and hopefully you will inspire me to get out of my rut and do something too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay D! You will not regret taking the time to train for an endurance event. You will have plenty of time while your out there training to think and find yourself again.

    :)
    -Gina

    ReplyDelete