Friday, July 24, 2009

101Things To Do In 1001 days

I have been inspired by my friends, Jenn and Apryl to create a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days.

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Here is what I have so far (it is a work in progress) I decided to use a start date of May 1st 2009, so I can count my 1/2Marathon because it is something I never thought I would do:

101 Things to do in 1001 days:

1. Take a first aid class (to complete my credential)
2. Pass the Constitution test (also to complete my credential)
3. Receive my Credential.
4. Join the Vi Weight loss challenge
5. Loose 5 lbs
6. Loose 10 lbs
7. Loose 15 lbs
8. Loose 20 lbs
9. Loose 25 lbs
10. Loose 30 lbs
11. Loose 35 lbs
12. Set a new workout schedule with Karen and stick to it for 21 days
13. Walk a 1/2 marathon
14. Walk a 1/2 marathon with my husband
15. Go Camping with my family.
16. Take my girls to Long Marine Lab to meet my boys (AKA Primo and Puka the dolphins)
17. Go to Sea World with my family (all 4 of them).
18. Take my girls to meet their grandparents in Illinois.
19. Go to Hawaii
20. Re-enter the Scuba Diving World.
21. Set up my sewing area.
22. Finish my King quilt.
23. Start and finish my lap quilt.
24. Finish Kassidy's Quilt
25. Start and Finish a Quilt for Audrey
26.Have a weekend away in Vegas with my hubby
27. Take a vacation trip to Santa Cruz with my family
28. Take the girls on the Santa Cruz Train ride.
29. Buy a House
30. Make a kodak Photo album for Kassidy 1st year
31. 2nd year
32. 3rd year
33.4th year
34. Start the tradition of a photo album for each birthday starting with year 5 for Kassidy
35. Make a Kodak photo album for Audrey 1st year.
36. 2nd year
37. start the tradition of a phote album for each birthday starting with year 3 for Audrey.
38. Clean off/out my desk at home
39. east Vegatarian for a week
40. get negatives from our Wedding Photographer
41. Have a wedding album made
42. Hang pictures on walls of "our house' (I'm so not doing this again till we know we are not moving again)
43. Decorate "our house" (see above for reason)
44. Put resent pictures in digital picture frame.
45. Have a family photo session done.
46. teach my family to ski
47. Take a family ski trip
48. Relearn to crocet
49. Crocet a gift for someone
50. Have a date night at Seaport Village
51. Eat at the Harbor House
52. Take a horse drawn carriage ride
53. Visit and explore tide pools with my girls
54. Take a hooping class
55. Take a golf lesson
56. Play a round of Golf with my husband.
57. Read 10 books.
58. Play Pan at a table in Vegas.
59. Go whale watching with my family
60. Take a Harbor Cruise with my husband.
61. Teach Kassidy to read.
62. Teach Audrey to write her name.
63. Plant a garden.
64. Buy a Houseplant and keep it alive.
65. Volunteer for a beach/park clean up
66. Ride in a hot air balloon

2 comments:

  1. Glad you posted what you had and I hope you find more things to add.

    We can totally do #65 together.

    #59, #52 & #53 are soo much fun. I was lucky to do all that stuff when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danelle,
    Thanks for your support on my blog. I wanted to let you know I moved to butterflybaby15.blogspot.com. I love this 101 list that you all are doing. It's so cool. There's a lot on your list I'd like to do- like ride in a hot air balloon and go to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete