Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dress Rehersal, Mother's Day and the Aftermath

So yes I know it has been 2 weeks since I posted.

I had an Amazing Mother's Day weekend. I spent Friday at with my mom and sister (who flew down for the weekend). We had lunch at the girls school, they put on a mother's day lunch for all women in the kid's lives. We dropped them off at home with daddy and we had mani and pedi's done, went shopping and had dinner.

Sat I had my dress rehersal for my walk and I am happy to report I made the entire walk!!! The walk went pretty well better than any past walks. Just had a few issues that I fixed with some stretches. Overall a good walk, hard but I did it!!!! After my walk I felt pretty good, Doug treated me to a massage Sat night for mommy's day (he got one too).

However upon waking Sunday my right knee (the bad one) was about 3x the size it should be so I iced and advil and called Karen and she fit me in and drained what she could through pressure point therapy. With her working on it, ice, advil, knew knee brace and with major rest including skipping my 8 miles on Sat has resulted in a much happier knee.

I am planning on walking Sat and I am looking forward to my prep meeting for the Marathon :)

1 comment:

  1. i am glad to hear your knee is back to normal size. you are gonna rock the half marathon

    ReplyDelete