Monday, May 25, 2009

COUNTDOWN- 6 DAYS

Well it is offically less than a week till the big day and I am getting nervous and excited all at the same time. I am a little nervous about the 13.1 miles with my knee acting up and my left foot forming a little blister that peeled away leaving nice fresh skin (exactly what you don't want for a long walk), I am accaully more nervous about the ligistics of the day itself, getting to the start line which includes, driving to the participants lot down by the airport, taking the shuttle to the startline finding my TNT Team. As well as making sure I have all my supples I need for the walk, figuring out if I carry it all or if I need a "pit crue" half way and who can do it. How Doug and the rest of my family will get to the race, how I will get back to my car (they don't have a shuttle at the 1/2 marathon finish only from the full) ect...

And of course as my luck would have it Doug will be heading out to Cochella for T-F this week, and I any have 1 grandparent in town to help (Mom nad Lance are in Alaska on a Cruise) which means I have to have my partner Terri at work cover my W evening shift so I can get the girls from school by 6. I also have to pick up Mom and Lance Thusday evening after work, which means running to ge the girls from school after work, getting home to meet cousin shelby (hopefully she is trying to switch shifts at work) getting them dinner sterted and then driving to the Airport, then Alpine then back home. Then Friday my dad is watching the girls for a couple hours during Audrey's nap time so I can get down to the EXPO to get my race packet (I don't have time on Sat). Fun Fun times!!!!

I alos have to make sure I get out and do major streatching and some easy walking this week so I can make sure my body is ready for Sat (since Ihave been resting my knee I can tell my body is starting to stiffen up)

This week will be busy but I am hoping it will help it pass quickly!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey I am right there with you. I haven't even started thinking about where my pit crew will be meeting me. ahh it will all work itself out.

    ReplyDelete