Wednesday, November 12, 2008

To The Overbearing smothering Mother of my 8th grader student:

I wish you could see how much you are damaging you daughter.

You show up at school everyday and check in with every one of her teachers you can track down (oh yeah the ones you cannot find are accually hinding from you), can you not see that this truely bothers her.

Then you walk her over the bridge or drive her across the street to our center where you treate her like a 2nd grader byt telling her to put down her backpack, take out her folder and give you her assignment calender so you can priorities her HW she is to do (b/c you don't think she can do it herself).

You then inform her loud enough so the entire center that she needs to fill out the calender during school time not after (which by the way I agree with) . You then belittle her some more which I focus away from b/c yes I do have other students who deserve my attention as well.

When I turn back aroung you are asking her over and over what is wrong with her and if she is sad today, what excatly are you expecting her to say? so she plays it safe and doesn't answer you. You leave it at that and leave her to her work finally after belitting her and smothering her for 20 minutes.

As soon as you hit the door you don't see the burden and weight lift off her shoulder as she gets to work where she is unfocused and off task most of the 3 hours you left her with us to help her though her studies. You then get upset (so my co teacher tells me) becuase she didn't finish what you wanted her to (which I know in my heart she didn't complete so you would overeact to just so she can get under your skin just the way you got under hers earlier).

You running to her rescue every time she fails a test or forgets to turn in an assignment getting the teachers to allow her to do make up work to raise her grade will only hurt her in the end. Not holding her accountable will truely hurt her in the long run.

You come to me for advise yet don't really listen to it or take it when you don't like hearing what I have to say and then telling me that you have every right to be involved in your daughters school work and have a say in what gets done when b/c you have social plans Thus day you don't want to have to cancel them b/c ____ doesn't have her HW or studing done for the week. I so wish you could her your self when you talk.

Well I have decided that I am done, done with all the drama you bring into my life. I am walking away I spend way to much energy on you for little reward. I have plenty of other clients who are 95% lees drama than you are, who's parents are happy and pleased with the level of attention and support they and their students recieve from us (less than 1/4 of what you demand). I am moving on to them I can take all the attention you demand for you not even for your child and help so many more students with the energy it takes jsut to please you.

(p.s I didn't send this to her or day anyting to her I just really need to vent, I can;t stand watching her distroy her daughter anymore)

No comments:

Post a Comment