Sunday, November 23, 2008

Foot Report

Well I was happily surprised by my visit to the Peditrist on Thusday. HE was very nice, asked a ton of questions and talked to me for quite a while and determined I have what is called Neuromas, it is the swelling of the nerve between the 3rd and 4th toes. This causes the numbness in my toes. The cause of this issue for me he thinks is a combo for 2 things my bad knee(which causes me to walk incorrectly) and and my very high arches which lead to little padding in the ball of my foot. The good news is that is fixable, it may take several attempts to fix the issue but it is fixable. He put me on advil every 6 hours for 10 days to help the swelling go down, metersal pads to put in my shoes to help cusion my foot, and instruction to brace my knee for training to help correct my walking. He doesn't see a reason that I can't do the half marathon as long as we can work together to fix the issue so I don't cause any futher damanage, this is possible if I contine to walk without addressing the issue. So we are going to work on fixing the issue over the next 6 weeks before the sign ups for Team in Training in January.

2 comments:

  1. That is great news! So glad to hear that it's fixable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news, D! I hope you get all fixed up and are good to go for your half marathon!

    ReplyDelete